Sunday, November 20, 2011

Macaron muslin part 2.

Second attempt... I've cut size 4 now. The only adjustment was lengthening the bodice by 2 cm. The results are not perfect, but I have an idea how to make the third one... This time I left some extra fabric at the sleeve but I like the original length better. The pictures:

  




Obviously, the length adjustment of the bodice is unnecessary, so I took out the extra length (picture on the right) and it already looks better. Especially the fit around the midriff:



    

Still, it looked like the front yoke was too wide. Let's take a look at the size 2 again:
(size 2 pics left and size 4 right)
- the yoke looks much better on the left (size 2) I also like the look of a shorter front yoke (the proportions are just better)
- around the bust the size 4 has more ease
- but under the bust (where the darts are) I'm not sure. I think this is going to be size 4 as well as the waistband. I really need the width at that point! Size 3 is just skin-tight...



    

Of course, I'm going to make a third muslin where I'm going to cut size 2 at the top yoke and widen it down to size 4. Hopefully will all my efforts result in a perfect fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment